Do you have a family member, friend, relative or neighbour to whom you give unpaid care and support, due to their physical or mental illness, disability or substance misuse issue? Would they struggle to cope, or be unable to manage without you? If so, you are a Carer, and if you live or work in the London Borough of Sutton, we are here for you. We can provide you with the advice, information, time out and support to help you in your caring role and make sure that you stay healthy and well too.
Support and services offered:
- Advice, information and support
- Help to complete Benefit forms
- Referrals to other agencies
- Confidential counselling service for Carers
- Complementary Therapies including reflexology and massage
- Mental Health Carers project
- Young Carers project
- Young Carers AYCES project (Mental Health and Substance Misuse)
- Support for former Carers
- Outreach service to help in the identification of ‘hidden’ Carers, and to raise awareness of our services
- Coffee morning drop-in for Carers
- Training for Carers
- Assistance in accessing funds
- Social and recreational activities
- Carers’ newsletters: ‘The Benhill Bugle’, ‘The Mental Health Carers Bulletin’, and the Young Carers ‘Cool News’
Have your say about the proposed Social Care Hub for carers, elders and disabled people in Lambeth. As you may know, in 2015, there will be significant changes to Lambeth’s information, advice and support services with existing services being brought together into a Hub.
The new service is being co-produced with service users and carers, as well as local stakeholders. This co-production process is ending soon so this week is your final opportunity to help shape the new service.
Complete an online survey by THIS FRIDAY (27th June)
· Stakeholder (organisations / professionals): https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/YP7WP6D
· Carers, disabled people and older people; existing service users and potential users of these services: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/CFSLKJ3
Work is currently underway to develop a new information, advice and support service for carers, disabled people and elders within Lambeth. (NB. Information and advice for mental health service users will continue through Mosaic Clubhouse and Southwark and Lambeth Mind etc.)
The new service – for now called the Social Care Hub – will bring together Carers Hub Lambeth and Lambeth Resolve as well as the Direct Payment Support Service, Young Carers Project, the Carers Breaks service and the Fix Yourself a Break scheme administered by the Council.
Lambeth Council is working alongside Age UK Lambeth, South Thames Crossroads, Disability Advice Service Lambeth, Lambeth Mencap, Healthwatch Lambeth, Certitude and NHS Lambeth to develop the new service.
The new service is being co-produced with service users and carers, and we also want to hear from local stakeholders who work with disabled and older people and carers. Tell us what you would like the Social Care Hub to do, and how and where you want to see it delivered.
HOW YOU CAN HELP…
- Complete the appropriate online survey (link above). If what you want to say doesn’t fit in the survey, send an email to either Julie Mallett, firstname.lastname@example.org or Katy Briggs email@example.com
- Circulate widely to your staff teams, networks and carers, elders and disabled people.
You have until this Friday (27th June) to give your views.
If you would like hard copies of the questionnaire to distribute, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the process you can contact Katy Briggs at Lambeth Council [Katy Briggs, Commissioning Manager, Commissioning, London Borough of Lambeth, Phone: 0207 926 4626, email@example.com ]