REPORT ON STAKEHOLDER INVOLVEMENT in the proposed changes to psychological therapy services in Lambeth Southwark & LewishamPosted: July 24, 2012
During the development of the new integrated psychological therapy services in Lambeth, Southwark & Lewisham, stakeholders have been involved in a number of ways as outlined in the following reports:
· ‘Report on Stakeholder Involvement in the proposed changes to psychological therapy services in Lambeth, Southwark & Lewisham April/May 2012’ June 2012
· ‘Involving stakeholders in the development of the proposed changes to psychological therapies services’ April 2012
· ‘Find Out/Talk About – Involvement Report following stakeholder meeting’ – November 2011
1) the report of the stakeholder engagement around psychological therapies is here: report june 2012
2) an update giving some examples of how feedback has influenced the plans is here: july 2012 feedback influencing plans update
South London & Maudsley Mental Health Foundation Trust are doing some work on the psychological therapy services provided to residents of Lambeth, Southwark & Lewisham.
By ‘psychological therapies’ we mean talking therapies such as psychotherapy or clinical psychology provided one to one or in a group. (We are not working on changes to talking therapies and self help provided through GPs and self referrals, sometimes called Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) services.)
We have developed a proposal, and had some feedback from people who use services, staff working in SLaM and some other interested parties. As a result we amended the proposal.
The feedback has helped us identify areas where we need to do more work, and we would like to involve more people at this stage.
I have attached a document here: AG PT overview doc for May which outlines:
- the changes that we are proposing,
- the reasons behind the proposed changes,
- the feedback that we have had to date
- details of how people can give their ideas and views.
On 16th May, (1.30 – 4.30) we will be holding an event where we hope that people with an interest in the services can work together to shape them. Please see attached poster here: AG may 16th 2012 poster. Booking essential.
I hope that the attached document & links to available supplementary documents
will give you the background information that you need to feel informed enough to contribute either at the event or through the other methods identified in the document.
However, I would be very happy to talk to people about the proposed changes either individually or in groups, as I realise that written information isn’t always the best way to gain an understanding. Please let me know what would help. Also, please let me know if you would like paper copies of the poster, or any of the documents.
Please feel free to circulate this information
With best wishes,
Patient & Public Involvement Lead – Mood Anxiety & Personality CAG and Psychological Medicine CAG
email: Alice.firstname.lastname@example.org tel: 020 3228 0959
113 Denmark Hill |The Maudsley Hospital | Denmark Hill | London | SE5 8AZ