Have your say about the proposed Social Care Hub for carers, elders and disabled people in Lambeth. As you may know, in 2015, there will be significant changes to Lambeth’s information, advice and support services with existing services being brought together into a Hub.
The new service is being co-produced with service users and carers, as well as local stakeholders. This co-production process is ending soon so this week is your final opportunity to help shape the new service.
Complete an online survey by THIS FRIDAY (27th June)
· Stakeholder (organisations / professionals): https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/YP7WP6D
· Carers, disabled people and older people; existing service users and potential users of these services: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/CFSLKJ3
Work is currently underway to develop a new information, advice and support service for carers, disabled people and elders within Lambeth. (NB. Information and advice for mental health service users will continue through Mosaic Clubhouse and Southwark and Lambeth Mind etc.)
The new service – for now called the Social Care Hub – will bring together Carers Hub Lambeth and Lambeth Resolve as well as the Direct Payment Support Service, Young Carers Project, the Carers Breaks service and the Fix Yourself a Break scheme administered by the Council.
Lambeth Council is working alongside Age UK Lambeth, South Thames Crossroads, Disability Advice Service Lambeth, Lambeth Mencap, Healthwatch Lambeth, Certitude and NHS Lambeth to develop the new service.
The new service is being co-produced with service users and carers, and we also want to hear from local stakeholders who work with disabled and older people and carers. Tell us what you would like the Social Care Hub to do, and how and where you want to see it delivered.
HOW YOU CAN HELP…
- Complete the appropriate online survey (link above). If what you want to say doesn’t fit in the survey, send an email to either Julie Mallett, email@example.com or Katy Briggs firstname.lastname@example.org
- Circulate widely to your staff teams, networks and carers, elders and disabled people.
You have until this Friday (27th June) to give your views.
If you would like hard copies of the questionnaire to distribute, please contact email@example.com
For more information about the process you can contact Katy Briggs at Lambeth Council [Katy Briggs, Commissioning Manager, Commissioning, London Borough of Lambeth, Phone: 0207 926 4626, firstname.lastname@example.org ]
The LAMBETH SOCIAL CARE HUB is holding further co-production meetings:-
The meetings will also include feedback from the two engagement meetings Healthwatch Lambeth held with Disability Advice Service Lambeth, Age UK Lambeth and the Pan Disability Forum.
Public meetings (for everyone)
- Tuesday 17th June, 3 – 5pm at ‘We are 336’ (336 Brixton Road)
- Tuesday 17th June, 6 – 8pm at Lambeth Town Hall (Room 8)
- Monday 23rd June, 11am – 1pm at Streatham Library
Focus group for Deaf and Hearing Impaired People:
- Tuesday 1st July, 6 – 8pm at ‘We are 336’ (336 Brixton Road)
Any queries about this David Strong, Disability Advice Service Lambeth
David.email@example.com Tel: 020 7642 0040
Alternatively do an On-line survey:-
Complete the stakeholder survey for your organisation or service
Publicise the service user survey to your users and members and please support anyone who needs help to complete it
If you need the survey electronically or in hard copy please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for responses – Friday 27th June 2014