This fantastic free Health Event has been arranged as part of the 170 Community Project.
● Free Health Checks
● Community Groups
● Massage Therapists
● Goody Bags
● Raffle Prize
● Food Entertainment
– and much more…
View the flyer for a colourful outlook on this event CLICK HERE: Health Event Flyer!
When?: Thursday 22nd March 2012
What time?: 10AM – 4PM
Where?: 2000 Community Action Centre
199– 201 Grove Street
Just turn up – no booking necessary!
Croydon Shadow Healthwatch (Pathfinder) are seeking people to be External Representatives
What is involved?
The role of representing the Croydon Shadow Healthwatch on a selected external body is to:
What Personal qualities are needed?
What will I gain during my time as a representative?
Representatives are needed on:
1. Croydon Health Services Trust Board – Minimum 4 meetings per year
2. South West London Patient and Public Advisory Group – Monthly meetings
3. Croydon Borough Team – Urgent Care Network – Monthly
4. NHS SWL Better Services Better Value Integrated Impact Assessment Steering Group (IIASG)
– For more information please contact:
Folake Segun – Co-ordinator
For role descriptions and to express your interest in these positions contact:
Jennine Bailey – Administrator
SLaM (South London & Maudsley) are currently running a series of Focus Groups in order to highlight issues with Privacy & Dignity within both inpatient and outpatient care spheres.
To be treated with privacy and dignity can mean many things to different people. Examples of these include, attitudes and behaviours of staff, communication, the environment, privacy to protect peoples modesty, confidentiality, to have nutritional needs met and to be free from abuse.
- It is often the case that carers know a huge amount about where there are holes in service provision and where problems are to be found, as well how to fix them and improve things!
- If you are a carer then this focus group is for you or perhaps you know or have a great carer in which case please let them know.View the flyer for this event CLICK HERE:Carers Privacy Dignity Flyer 2012
Focus Group Details
When?: 13th March 2012
What time?: 2PM – 3:30PM
Where?: 111 Denmark Hill
Map: CLICK HERE
Are refreshments provided?:YES!- For more information or, if you are unable to come to the group, but would like to give your views, please contact: Alice Glover
Tel: 020 3228 0959 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
There will be some changes to the way that we provide psychological therapies services in Lambeth, Southwark & Lewisham.
Why are changes being made?
- There are several different services providing psychological therapies in Lambeth Southwark & Lewisham. At the moment the way people are referred to particular services can be confusing for service users and for staff who make the referrals.
- Service users have given us feedback to say that they do not like having repeated assessments, and going through a lengthy process to get the therapy that they need.
- In Lambeth & Southwark a lot of money has gone into the development of new services providing psychological therapies which are available through GP’s (the Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) services). This means that there is less money available for the more specialised psychological treatments.
- In Lewisham the services have historically been less well developed so the amount of money available for specialised psychological treatments is being maintained. However, as with all NHS organisations, we need to provide services for less money by being more efficient.
What are the changes?
- We are proposing that each borough will have one psychological therapy service. For example, this would mean that all psychological therapy services in Lambeth will be delivered in one place rather than at both St. Thomas’s & Maudsley Hospital as happens at the moment.
- In Lambeth & Southwark there will be 22% less money available. This will mean there will be some reduction in staff and in the number of sessions of therapy available. In Lewisham the amount of money available will reduce by 11.2% however, this will not result in a reduction in therapy sessions. We do not expect waiting lists to rise, but if they do we will ensure more therapy is provided.
- All referrals will go through the same system meaning that people should be referred to the right service more straightforwardly than they are now.
- A range of both individual and group therapies will still be available in all the boroughs.
- We plan to start changing the services from June this year.
How can I find out more & give my views about the plans? please see attached flyers and information sheet for details. There is a more detailed document available for anyone who is interested.
Patient & Public Involvement Lead – Mood Anxiety & Personality CAG and Psychological Medicine CAG
Documents recently updated with detail added – take a look!
This is a really interesting, new and innovative way to promote wellbeing. But get your booking in fast – the deadline for registering is the 3rd of February! (Contact details for how to register are at bottom of post)
- View the flyer for this event CLICK HERE:DIY Happiness Game Invite Flyer
- View some more information on this project CLICK HERE:DIY Happiness Game Summary ReportAs part of the Lottery Funded Well London1 programme, SouthLondon and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust commissioned Uscreates to develop the DIY Happiness Game. The game is a continuation to the DIY Happiness workshop aimed at promoting the five ways to well-being messages developed as part of the Foresight Report in mental capital and well-being2.When?: Friday 17th February 2012
Morning Session: 9:30AM – 12:30PM
Afternoon Session: 1pm – 4pm
30 The Piazza
Map: CLICK HERE
- Places are limited! – Book by the 3rd of February!
- You may reserve your place on either the Morning or the Afternoon Session
Please state your preference to:
Tel: 020 3228 1695 or Email:email@example.com
Fantastic opportunity in the Psychosis CAG (Clinical Academic Group)
- Are you interested in helping the Psychosis CAG to develop better ways to make sure that the CAGs education and training plan considers service users views, needs and experiences?
- Are you passionate about getting involved in improving mental health services?
- Are you comfortable working alongside managers and service users?This role is to be a member of the “Psychosis CAG Education and Training Committee”. It’s a great opportunity for someone to step forward who may have opinions about Education and Training.What will be expected of you?
– Attendance of the Education and Training Committee Group for two hours every six weeks.
– Occasional attendance of other meetings, such as the Service User Advisory Group. This will mean another hour per month.
– Email and phone calls in between meetings of up to one hour per month.
– Help staff consider the relevance of Education and Training issues to service users.
This role will be best suited to someone with:
– Experience of using mental health services
– A real passion for Education and Training
– Experience of meetings
– Experience of consulting with services users
– Ability to think about others’ experiences
What are the hours?
Between 2- 4 hours per month. The role will be fully reviewed after six months.
How do you apply?
First, have a look at the role description CLICK HERE:Role Description Service User Education and training committee Project Consultant
And a power-point presentation CLICK HERE:Education and Training Committee
For more information and/or if you are interested in applying contact:
Patient and Public Involvement Lead for the Psychosis CAG:
Please note that the deadline for applications being received is Friday 17th February