A healthy heart & mental well-being event for women by women
Be informed, motivated and inspired to help make healthy lifestyle choices to improve your health and wellbeing.
When?: 9th May 2012
What time?: 9.30am – 3.30pm
Where?: Coin Street, Neighbourhood Centre, London, SE1 9NH
– It is well documented that there is a high prevalence of heart disease
amongst black and minority ethnic communities.
– The British Heart Foundation and The Afiya Trust are holding an event targeting black women to highlight
the importance of maintaining a healthy heart and healthy lifestyle.
– This event is to raise awareness for the prevention of heart disease and interrelated diseases
such as diabetes and stroke
– Guest speakers will also provide advice on Nutrition, Weight Loss and Physical Activity
This is a free event on a first come, first serve basis so to register send an email as per below:
Food and refreshments will be served
This fantastic free Health Event has been arranged as part of the 170 Community Project.
● Free Health Checks
● Community Groups
● Massage Therapists
● Goody Bags
● Raffle Prize
● Food Entertainment
– and much more…
View the flyer for a colourful outlook on this event CLICK HERE: Health Event Flyer!
When?: Thursday 22nd March 2012
What time?: 10AM – 4PM
Where?: 2000 Community Action Centre
199– 201 Grove Street
Just turn up – no booking necessary!
Time to Change is looking for people with experience of mental health problems to talk to the public about mental health.
When?: Saturday 31st March 2012
Where?: Time to Change Village, Riverside walkway at London’s South Bank
- The Time to Change Village is a pop-up space where people can learn about mental health in a fun and interactive way. The Village has all the things you might expect to find in villages and towns across the world: a health centre, library, café, post office, cinema and a news agent. But there’s a twist –each of these areas will provide a unique opportunity to get people talking.- By chatting to volunteers at the Time to Change Village, the public can find out more about what it’s really like to live with a mental health problem. This helps to challenge the stereotypes which often lead to discrimination.Volunteer places are available on a first come first served basis with a deadline to respond by:
Monday 19th March– Find out more about how you can get involved on the Time to Change website – www.time-to-change.org.uk/londonvillage
- We want to hear from people with experience of mental health issues.
The focus of the work of the Schizophrenia Commission is care, support and treatment for schizophrenia or psychosis.
- We know psychiatric diagnostics labels are often difficult – because they change, they maybe unhelpful to recovery, they don’t emphasise the full experience of managing serious health problems but tend to focus on problems and symptoms. Individuals manage their distress in many different ways – and we want to hear from you about your experiences.- View the more information regarding this event in the invite flyer CLICK HERE:The Voice of People with Experience of Schizophrenia or Psychosis Invite Flyer
When?: Wednesday 21st March
What time?: 11am-2pm
Where?: London (To be confirmed)
Map: (To be updated)
We will reimburse travel and provide lunch!
If you would like to take part in our discussion on 21 March 11am-2pm or are interested in finding out more please contact:
Email: Vanessa.firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: 0207 8403 088.
SLaM (South London & Maudsley) are currently running a series of Focus Groups in order to highlight issues with Privacy & Dignity within both inpatient and outpatient care spheres.
To be treated with privacy and dignity can mean many things to different people. Examples of these include, attitudes and behaviours of staff, communication, the environment, privacy to protect peoples modesty, confidentiality, to have nutritional needs met and to be free from abuse.
- It is often the case that carers know a huge amount about where there are holes in service provision and where problems are to be found, as well how to fix them and improve things!
- If you are a carer then this focus group is for you or perhaps you know or have a great carer in which case please let them know.View the flyer for this event CLICK HERE:Carers Privacy Dignity Flyer 2012
Focus Group Details
When?: 13th March 2012
What time?: 2PM – 3:30PM
Where?: 111 Denmark Hill
Map: CLICK HERE
Are refreshments provided?:YES!- For more information or, if you are unable to come to the group, but would like to give your views, please contact: Alice Glover
Tel: 020 3228 0959 email: email@example.com