Have your input into the direction of Mental Health.
Across Lambeth, Southwark & Lewisham, there will be some changes to the way that
psychological therapies* are provided by the mental health services. Come to this event, hear our
plans & help make sure that the new services meet the needs of local communities.
- View the graphic flyer for this event: Shaping Psychological Therapy Services – May 16th 2012 Event PosterBefore attending the event you may with to find out about the current proposed changes / modernisations by reading this below doccument, which will also enable you to be best placed to pitch your ideas at the event during contributions:
- View the Psychological Therapies Overview of Proposed Changes Document: Psychological Therapies Overview of Proposed Changes DocumentWhen?: Wednesday 16th May 2012
What time?: 1:30PM – 4:30PM (LUNCH SERVED AT @ 12.30PM)
1 Addington Square,
· Have experience of using psychological therapy services
· Supported people who may use or have used these services (as an individual or as an organisation)
· Work in psychological therapy services or make referrals to them
Then we would like to invite you to join us in shaping the new services.
For more information about the plans and / or to book a place please contact:
Sandra Rutland: Tel: 020 3228 2466 Email: Sandra.email@example.com
* By ‘psychological therapies’ we mean talking therapies such as psychotherapy or clinical psychology provided one to one or in a group.
We are not working on changes to talking therapies and self help provided through GPs and
self referrals (sometimes called Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) services)
Your chance to truly shape and involve in mental health in a global way!
This is set to be a truly international conference and is in the process of being put together, currently accepting applications for participation from those wishing to promote their mental health organisations & ideas for the content of the conference.
The conference will be a fantastic resource for anyone with a stake in mental health to come and enjoy or volunteer at.
When?: Monday the 24th, Tuesday the 25th & Wednesday the 26th of June 2013
What time?: This is to be confirmed – your suggestions and involvement may be valuable.
Where?: It will take place at a quality venue in Bristol United Kindgom – your suggestions and involvement may be valuable.
Map (of Bristol): CLICK
Professor Richard Parish
of the Royal Society for Public Health, UK
Find out more and register your interest for email alerts at
– More details in the flyer:
This post will be updated and / or replaced as details and fixtures develop relating to the conference.
Make sure you’re subscribed to our Blog to keep abreast!
A healthy heart & mental well-being event for women by women
Be informed, motivated and inspired to help make healthy lifestyle choices to improve your health and wellbeing.
When?: 9th May 2012
What time?: 9.30am – 3.30pm
Where?: Coin Street, Neighbourhood Centre, London, SE1 9NH
– It is well documented that there is a high prevalence of heart disease
amongst black and minority ethnic communities.
– The British Heart Foundation and The Afiya Trust are holding an event targeting black women to highlight
the importance of maintaining a healthy heart and healthy lifestyle.
– This event is to raise awareness for the prevention of heart disease and interrelated diseases
such as diabetes and stroke
– Guest speakers will also provide advice on Nutrition, Weight Loss and Physical Activity
This is a free event on a first come, first serve basis so to register send an email as per below:
Food and refreshments will be served
£15 on Entry – £10 Concessions
London Psychodrama Network Event
Learn some gems about communication and relationships – change your life!
When?: Friday 27th April 2012
What time?: Arrive at 6.45pm for 7pm … the evening ends at 9.30pm
Where?: Lancaster Hall Hotel, 35 Craven Terrace, W2 3EL
The nearest tube is Lancaster Gate on the Central line
also accessible from Paddington
Our Taster Evenings
Our evenings are experiential psychodrama events. Attendees participate at their own level of comfort. There is no need for acting skills, just come along and enjoy a stimulating group setting with safety and confidentiality.
We offer a different director every month and we invite people to attend as often as they wish … to have as many tasters as they like.
Each evening is two & half hours long to allow time for people to share what they think & feel at the end … come along.
CPD hours are available from some presenters – please ask for details
Money & Booking Your Place
£15 payable on entry, students and unwaged £10 – just reserve a place in advance by contacting
or visit our website:
You can have as many tasters as you like!
Those who book more than 3 events at once, get one evening free
Are you interested in research?
Here’s your opportunity to get involved in an Institute of Psychiatry research project as a service user consultant.
This can be paid through the involvement register or voluntary.
What is the role?
What skills are needed?
If you would like to find out more, Role Description Service User Research Role to see the role description and how to apply.
Some more info on how to apply for this role?
Call or email Anne Kirby, Patient and Public Involvement Lead for the Psychosis CAG:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 07989652482
Anne will talk to you about your experience and interest. Then Paola Dazzan, Anne and an experienced Service User Consultant/s will make a decision about whom to appoint. It is important that the appointed people can meet the requirements of the role and it is hoped that two people will be appointed.
What is the deadline for applications?:
25th May 2012
This hear us open meeting is jam packed and surely a must for your diary!
– View the flyer for this event CLICK HERE:Hear Us Open Meeting May 2012
When?: Tuesday 1st May 2012, from 1pm [starting off with tea and cake!]
Where?: CVA [Croydon Voluntary Action], West Croydon (82 London Road, CR0 2TB) – opposite Lidl
Map: CLICK FOR MAP
Who is invited?: The Hear Us Open Meeting is for anyone with an interest in mental health and wellbeing – service users, carers and staff + Students too!
Speakers at this meeting will be:
· Patrice Beveney from the PCT to give an overview of IAPTS
· CIPTS – Psychological Therapies Service
· Dr Barry Jones, from Touchstone and Croydon SUN group – talking about Mentalisation Based Therapy
· Simon Rayner Head of Pathway in the Mood, Anxiety and Personality CAG
· Dr Sarah Dilks – lead psychologist for the psychosis services in Croydon
And we are hoping that as many voluntary sector counselling, therapy and peer support groups as possible will be able to join us.
We want to discuss:
· Accessing talking therapies for service users
· Waiting times
· Why there is not more money being spent on talking therapies
And anything else that people want to talk about! Really hope to see you there
Please call 020 8681 6888 if you need anymore information – and please circulate to anyone who might be interested
Take a look at the hearus forum CLICK HERE: http://www.hear-us.org/aboutus/forum&thecuc/forum&cucmapvenue.html