National Audit of Psychological Therapies – Service User Reference Group RecruitmentPosted: June 6, 2013
Data collection for the National Audit of Psychological Therapies for Anxiety and Depression has now been completed and we are busy analysing the data to produce some preliminary findings.
To help develop the recommendations from these preliminary findings we are preparing the data for two different sets of events in June and July:
- On 27thJune 2013 we are meeting with our Advisory Group Members/Partner Organisations to draft the recommendations, which will form a key part of the National Report and how we take the learning from NAPT forward to make real and enduring improvements in the way psychological therapies are provided.
- In July, we have planned three Service User Reference Groups to get feedback on whether the preliminary findings fit with service users’ experience and to get feedback on the recommendations we have drafted. Details of these events and answers to frequently asked questions are attached and summarized very briefly below.
|Actions to support recruitment – NAPT Service User Reference Groups (July 2013):In order to ensure that these groups are well attended and thus service users’ views are heard we need your help please. We would be grateful if you could:
We have a deadline of 21stJune 2013 for service users to register so I would appreciate any support in recruitment as soon as possible. Please can you email me with any ideas for recruitment as I am really keen that this vital part of NAPT is as well attended as possible.
The Service User Reference Groups are being held in London, Manchester and Cardiff
Saturday 6th July in London (10am-1.30pm)
Saturday 13th July in Manchester (10am-1.30pm)
Saturday 27th July in Cardiff (10am-1.30pm)
To share the NAPT preliminary findings with service user’s and get their feedback on whether these fit with their own experience of psychological therapy and use service user feedback to inform NAPT’s recommendations.
- 18 years old or older (there is no upper age limit and we are particularly interested to hear from people over 65 years of age)
- Currently having or have had psychological therapy/talking treatment for depression and/or anxiety within the past year (this includes therapy for obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), phobias or panic attacks)
- Lives in or near London, Cardiff or Manchester.
Payment for attendance:
We will reimburse service users £50 for their time as well as any reasonable travel expenses. Lunch and refreshments will be provided on the day at no cost to the attendees.
Registration of interest:
Service users can register their attendance in one of three ways:
- Completing our online form via the following link http://www.rcpsych.ac.uk/workinpsychiatry/qualityimprovement/nationalclinicalaudits/psychologicaltherapies/psychologicaltherapies/serviceuserreferencegroups.aspx
- Emailing us on email@example.com.
- Ask someone to contact NAPT on their behalf.