KINDRED MINDS PoP-In!Posted: July 23, 2012
Cordially invites you to:
Kindred Minds PoP-In!
Date: Thursday 26th July 2012
Place: Cambridge House, 1 Addington Square (off Camberwell Road), SE5 0HF
- Have you experienced mental health challenges or experience mental health distress?
- Would you like to talk about current changes in services?
- Would you like to learn about new topics to improve your overall well-being and learn about different cultural activities?
- Would you like to put activities into action that will make you feel better?
Then you will benefit by joining us!
What will happen at the PoP-In?
- There will be the opportunity to discuss what matters to you, find out information, chat with others.
- Massage will be on offer.
- We will be joined by published poet Dermoth Alexander Henry who has used Mental Health Services.
- There will be the chance for you to explore your possible poetic creativity.
- We will have light refreshments!
Dermoth Alexander Henry.
Poetry from a Blackman’s prospective, is not seen as emotional, for emotions is feelings, where as it is the heart that controls the mind, for instance you could be sad and write about something that makes you feel glad or visa versa. When I write I try to balance stable with stability, nothing is seen as controversial.
We look forward to meeting you!
A user-run mental health project for service users/survivors from BME background living in Southwark and nearby areas.