Equality and Diversity Service User Consultant Role – with the Psychosis CAGPosted: October 12, 2011
CAG = Clinical Academic Group
– Are you interested in helping the Psychosis CAG to develop better ways to make sure that people are treated fairly in relation to their ethnicity, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation and religion or belief?
– Are you passionate about getting involved in improving mental health services?
– Are you comfortable working alongside managers and service users?
This role is to be a member of the “Psychosis CAG Equality and Diversity Steering Group”. It’s a great opportunity for someone to step forward who may have opinions about Equality and Diversity.
What will be expected of you?:
- Attendance of the Equality and Diversity Group for two hours every two months.
- Occasional attendance of other meetings, such as the Service User Advisory Group. This will mean another hour per month.
- Email and phone calls in between meetings of up to one hour per month.
- Help staff consider the relevance of Equality and Diversity issues to service user
This role will be best suited to someone with:
- Experience of using mental health services
- A real passion for equality and diversity
- Experience of meetings
- Experience of consulting with services users
- Ability to think about others’ experiencesWhat are the hours?
Between 2- 4 hours per month. The role will be fully reviewed after six months.How do you apply?
– First, have a look at the role description CLICK HERE:Service User Equality and Diversity Committee Consultant(s)
– And a power-point presentation CLICK HERE:What is the Psychosis CAG?For more information and/or if you are interested in applying contact:
Anne Kirby, Patient and Public Involvement Lead for the Psychosis CAG:
Email:firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel:07989652482
Please note that the deadline for applications being received is Friday 28th October 2011